It’s July already! How did that happen!? The summer flies by too fast these days, especially in Portland, where sunshine is cherished like the rare commodity it is. When the sun comes out, so does the whole city: Music and Beer festivals, Rooftop Films, Pedalpalooza– we’re pretty good at making up excuses to soak up the rays and enjoy ourselves! I thought I’d share a few of my fav summertime treats and escapes with you here, enjoy!
1. Wolf + Bear Falafel Food Cart (Homemade falafel, picnic-style)
2. Berry picking on Sauvie’s Island, yum!
3. Wild sweet peas (My favorite Northwest flower, they grow everywhere here)
4. Goats munching up the vacant lot across from the Yu Building
5. Cooling off in the Sandy River
6. The Rose Test Garden, blooming with over 500 varieties of the most gorgeous roses